This French baguette recipe is absolutely fantastic! You can make it with only 4 ingredients.
Ingredients you may already have at home. You don’t need any expansive mold. And the result is really like the baguette from the French boulangerie. (Bakery)
The only thing you need is to wait 1:30min before cooking the baguette in the oven.
- 400 g of flour
- 6 of dried active yeast
- 280 ml of water
- 8 g of salt
Directions for the real French baguette
- Dissolve the dry yeast in warm water.
- Mix the flour with the salt.
- Mix and knead by hand until the dough no longer sticks to the hands.
- Cover and leave for at least 1h30.
- Preheat your oven to 430 ° F.
- Fill a baking tray with water and put it in the lower part of your oven.
- Flour a work surface and cut the bread dough into 2 by rolling it in the flour so that it does not stick to the fingers. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, form 2 medium baguettes. You can also used a baguette pan.
- When your oven is hot, bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Treat yourself with your delicious homemade baguette without any headache, as if you had a good boulangerie next door!
You may be wondering why we put water in the oven? On heating, this will make water vapor. It is this vapor that will create a beautiful golden crust to the French baguette. So do not forget this step!