As autumn sweeps in with its crisp air and a riot of golden leaves, our kitchen transforms into a sanctuary of warmth and comfort. There's something undeniably enchanting about the flavors of fall, and today, we invite you to join us in celebrating the season with a delightful Cranberry Orange Bread that embodies the essence of this time of year.
In every slice of this homemade bread, you'll discover a harmonious blend of two seasonal stars: tart cranberries and the zesty brightness of fresh oranges. What makes this recipe even more magical is its simplicity; we start with a pound cake mix as our base, allowing you to effortlessly craft a loaf of autumnal bliss.
As you read on, you'll find that this Cranberry Orange Bread isn't just a recipe; it's a journey into the heart of fall. It's the aroma that fills your kitchen as it bakes, the joy of sharing it with loved ones, and the warmth it brings to chilly mornings. Whether you're a seasoned baker or a kitchen novice, this recipe is designed to make your autumn culinary adventures a delight.
So, grab your mixing bowls, dust off your loaf pan, and let's embark on a culinary journey through the flavors of fall with our Cranberry Orange Bread. Savor the season, one slice at a time.
Ingredients for a loaf pan:
- 1 My French Recipe pound cake mix
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick of unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts (such as pecans or walnuts)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9x5-inch (23x13 cm) loaf pan. ( Or use parchment paper)
- If you're using fresh cranberries, rinse and pat them dry. If using frozen cranberries, there's no need to thaw them.
- Mix the Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the pound cake mix, orange zest, orange juice, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until the batter is smooth and all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add Cranberries and Nuts (Optional): Gently fold the cranberries into the batter. If you're using nuts, fold them in as well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake:Place the loaf pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs. Baking times may vary, so keep an eye on it.
- Cool and Serve: Allow the Cranberry Orange Bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, slice and serve.
This Cranberry Orange Bread made with a My French Recipe pound cake mix is a wonderful treat for the fall and holiday season. It combines the tartness of cranberries with the bright citrus flavor of oranges, resulting in a delightful bread that's perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a dessert with a cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy!