You have young kids at home? They want to cook? Try this easy and delicious recipe with them! Results: nice fluffy muffins with huge chocolate chips, for all the family to enjoy!
At My French Recipe, we always encourage parents to cook with their children or at least to get them involved in one way or another.
Objective of this first workshop pastry child: to discover the pleasure of mixing, breaking eggs (ALL children have a passion for broken eggs!) and the satisfaction of making a cake yourself and eat it.
So I chose a very simple recipe to start with: chocolate chip muffins.
Organization to make a recipe with a child:
- Pre weigh all the ingredients to have only the strictest on the table.
- Melt the butter before starting the recipe.
- Prepare all the tools
- What’s better than a mom / baby workshop is a workshop with the whole family (Dad is always welcome in the kitchen) or with a boyfriend or a girlfriend.
- Put an apron on everyone!
- Choose a very simple recipe, these muffins are very good to start.
Finally, stay cool! You are not here to participate in the iron chef final! The goal is to have fun, spend time with your child and give him the taste of good things. No problem if there is flour on the floor or if an egg breaks.
The muffin recipe to do with a child
- 2 eggs
- 60 g melted butter
- 20g of sunflower oil
- 80g of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 200g of flour
- 10 g of baking powder
- 100g of milk chocolate chips
Preparation of the muffins
Preheat the oven to 360 ° C.
In a bowl break the 2 eggs. Add sugar and salt, whisk. Add the oil and melted butter, mix.
Add the flour and the baking powder. Mix. (Your child can do anything with your help, except the last phase of mixing because the dough becomes a little drier)
Finally add the chocolate chips. Feel free to taste some chocolate with your child. 😉
Bake 15 to 20 minutes.