One bite of these cupcakes will transport you to a tropical island where coconuts, mangos, and sunshine abound!
Super moist, sweet, and tangy, these Tropical Cupcakes will send your taste buds to the Carribean! They're filled with mango cream, topped with orange frosting, and sprinkled with toasted coconut, making them the ultimate Summer cupcake.
Yields 12 cupcakes
Prep Time: 25-30 minutes - Cook Time: 20 minutes - Total Time: 45-50 minutes
- Silicone spatula
- Regular muffin pan
- Hand mixer (or stand mixer)
- Large mixing bowl
- Cupcake corer or melon baller
- Piping pastry bag
- Piping tip
- 1 Pound Cake Baking Mix My French Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter (113g), melted
- ¾ cup full-fat canned coconut milk (175ml)
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp toasted coconut for the topping
For the Orange Frosting:
- 1 cup cream cheese (200g), room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick/113g), room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar (225g)
- 4 drops orange extract
For Mango Cream:
- One small fresh mango (100g), cubed
- ½ cup cream cheese (100g)
- 1 Tbsp sugar (12g)
- ¼ cup lime juice (60ml)
Make the Cupcakes:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, coconut milk, and eggs. Gradually add the Pound Cake Baking Mix My French Recipe to the wet ingredients and fold with a silicone spatula until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ full with batter and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are cooling down, prepare the frosting and mango cream.
Make the Orange Frosting:
- Using the hand mixer (or electric blender), beat the cream cheese with the butter on a medium speed until combined.
- Reduce speed to low, and gradually add powdered sugar, and orange extract. The finished icing should be creamy and light. Set aside.
Make the Mango Cream:
- In a small blender, puree mangos, cream cheese, sugar, and lime juice. The mixture can be chunky and smooth. Depending on your blender, it may take 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Use a cupcake corer or melon baller to remove the center of each cupcake. Then spoon in about 1 heaping Tbsp of mango cream.
- Finish off with a swirl of orange frosting. If you prefer to pipe the frosting, chill it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before transferring it to a piping bag. You can use any piping tips of your choice. Sprinkle the finished cupcake with toasted coconut flakes, and enjoy those delicious tropical flavors! Best when chilled for 20-25 minutes before serving.