Hmmm Lemon!!! Perfect for a hot summer weather. You can use this curd : To make a lemon tart, to fill your French macarons, or eat it just like this with a spoon!!
Ingredients for 450 g of lemon curd:
- 3 eggs
- 125 g of sugar
- 2 lemons (about 120 ml of juice)
- 50 g of butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
Directions for the lemon curd
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar. Add the flour, mix.
- And add the lemon juice and the butter in pieces.
- Bring the whole thing to boil in a saucepan. It must boil a few minutes.
- Let cool in the fridge before using.
Depending on the use you make of it:
- Lemon curd spread: Put in a glass jar. Let cool before putting it in the fridge.
- Lemon tart: Bake your sweet dough on a tart mold. Let cool. Pour the lemon cream directly on the dough. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Lemon choux pastry: Let the cream cool. Put in a pastry bag and stuff your little puffs.
- For the macarons: Let cool in the fridge at least an hour. Pour in a pastry bag and fill your shells of macaroons. Careful, it is a cream a little wet, you must eat your macaroons within 24 hours because the lemon curd tends to moisten the macaron.
Want to learn ow to make the French macaron? Join us for a macaron cooking class!