Yield: 2 servings - Preparation Time: 10 min - Cook Time: 50 min
- 1 glass dish
- 1 knife
- 1 cutting board
- Measuring cups
- 1 small bowl
- 1 whisk
- ½ medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 medium bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs or chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 2/3 Cup (100g) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp dry white wine
- 1/2 tbsp good Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spread the sliced onion oven the bottom of the oven dish, anddrizzle with olive oil. Set aside.
- Brush the chicken with a little bit of olive oil. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on the onion slices in one layer. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the heavy whipping cream, white wine, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, and half of the chopped parsley. Salt to taste.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 50 minutes (depending on size), or until the juices run clear and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.
- When the chicken is done, remove the dish from the oven, put the thighs on a plate, spoon on the mustard sauce, and sprinkle with remaining chopped parsley. Serve hot.