Prep time: 10 minutes - Cook time: 16 min - For 2
- Frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 slices brioche
- 1 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp salted butter, cubed small
1. Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
3. Whisk together cinnamon sugar, eggs and milk in a shallow container.
4. Dip slices of brioche in egg mixture. Add to pan and fry until golden brown on both sides. This should take about 3 minutes per side.
5. Set aside.
6. In the same pan, add water and sugar and cook over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
7. Increase heat to high. Continue to stir mixture; until golden brown color (about 8 to 10 minutes.)
8. Remove mixture from heat and carefully add heavy cream. The mixture will bubble up. Continue stirring.
9. Whisk in butter.
10. Top French toast with salted caramel, and confectioner’s sugar.