For the chou pastry
- 3 Tbsp (5cl) milk
- 4 Tbsp (7cl) water
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tsp sugar (5 g)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 C (75g) flour
- ¼ C (45g) butter
Filling: Vanilla Ice cream (store bought)
Hot chocolate sauce
- 1 C (150g) dark chocolate
- ¾ C (150g) heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Warm up the milk, water, salt, sugar and butter in a saucepan.
- When the mixture begins to boil, turn off heat and add flour. Mix well to obtain a homogeneous paste. Return to low heat for 1-2 minutes slowly to allow the dough to dry off the heat.
- Add the eggs one by one while mixing well: you will obtain a smooth dough. Fill a pastry bag with this dough.
- On a pan covered with parchment paper, form small petits choux, 2 or 3 cm in diameter
- Bake for 30 minutes without opening the oven door while baking. Let cool.
- Make the chocolate sauce: Heat the cream in a saucepan. Pour over the chocolate and let it melt slowly.
- Open your petits choux with a knife and scoop vanilla ice cream inside. Pour the chocolate sauce over the profiteroles.