This mushroom risotto is flavor full. With a drizzle of truffle oil before serving, this dish will wow your guests!
Serves: 2 - Prep time: 20 mins - Cook time: 25 mins
- Cutting board
- 2 saucepans
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 4 c (1 L) vegetable broth
- 2 ½ tbsp (35g) unsalted butter
- 8 oz (200g) Cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 c (100g) Arborio rice
- 1/4 c (50 ml) white wine
- 1/4 c (40g) shredded Parmesan
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Truffle oil
- In a medium saucepan, heat the vegetable broth.
- In another saucepan, melt 1/3 of the butter, Add the mushrooms and sauté until they start to brown. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Warm the remaining butter and olive oil in the saucepan that contained the mushrooms. Add the onion and cook until brown.
- Add the rice and stir to coat with the fat. Add the mushrooms and mix.
- Pour in the white wine and stir. When it evaporates, add a ladle of hot broth while stirring.
Continue stirring and gradually adding the broth ladle by ladle, waiting until the rice absorbs the broth before adding more. Cook, stirring frequently, until the rice is cooked and creamy, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Taste, salt if necessary, and season with pepper.
- Drizzle truffle oil before serving.