Try to eat only one of these madeleines!
Makes 10 madeleines - Prep time: 10 min - Cook time: 10 min
- Madeleine pan
- Small saucepan
- Large bowl
- 2/3 stick of butter, plus extra for the pan
- 2 eggs
- 90g sugar
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 3g baking soda
- 1 tbsp honey
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Butter a madeleine mold.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, pour flour, baking soda and sugar. Stir
- Add eggs and honey. Mix well, then add the lemon zest. Stir in the melted butter.
4. Spoon batter into the molds until they are 3⁄4 full. Allow to rest in the refrigerator while the oven preheats.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at to 350° F. Transfer the pan to a rack to cool.