French love chocolate mousse. And there is no easiest recipe than this one!
- 4 oz (100 g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1½ tbsp (20 g) unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs (extra fresh)
- 2 tbsp sugar (20 g)
- Place the chopped chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Place in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Stir, then heat for 15 seconds and stir again, repeating until the chocolate is melted. Alternatively, melt the chocolate and the butter in a double boiler. Let cool down.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks into separate bowls.
- Using an electric hand beater or a Kitchen Aid, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sugar to the bowl of yolks and mix well.Pour the yolk-sugar mixture into the chocolate, mixing while you pour. Fold gently the egg whites into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.