Ingredients for 20 cookies
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 stick butter softened
- 1/3 cups white sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 C of chocolate chips
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Using the back of a spoon or a KitchenAid with the paddle attachment, mix together the cocoa powder, white sugar, and soft butter until creamy.
- Add the egg and mixing for 30 seconds.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Add to the batter and mix.
- Cover and chill for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the powdered sugar in a wide bowl.
- Using a rounded teaspoon, scoop out clumps of the chilled dough and roll them into 1-inch (2.5 cm) sized balls using your hands. Drop them into the powdered sugar as you go.
- Roll the balls in the powdered sugar and place on the pan spaced a few inches apart.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes. Allow to cool a minute or two on the sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.