Grandmothers throughout France make this delicious traditional fruit cake called the "Concorde" for their families. In fact, my mother-in-law makes a superb one for our two daughters everytime we visit her in France. We all share fond memories of gathering around this buttery cake and catching up. Follow the recipe below to bake the Concorde for your family, and let the memory-making begin!
- 1 mix for Pound cake My French Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 C (170g) glazed fruits
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 C (180g) white chocolate
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 bundt pan
- 1 sauce pan
- Preheat the oven to 335 ° F.
- Melt the butter.
- In a separate bowl, pour the baking mix and eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and the butter. Mix gently until combined.
- Add the glazed fruits and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake 50 min, or until it is cracked down the center and golden on the top.
- Let cool, then invert the pan gently to release the cake.
- In a saucepan on low heat, melt the white chocolate.
- When totally melted, pour on the top of the bundt cake. Decorate with glazed fruits or nuts.