Is there something that says oh la la as much as une cheese souffle?
Maybe only a French macaron recipe can compete with it. But a cheese souffle is as delicious and very easy to prepare.
Ingredients for 4 ramekins
- 200 ml of milk (3/4 C)
- 50 g of sweet butter (4 t)
- 45 g flour (1/3 C)
- 4 eggs
- 4 pinches of salt
- 100 g grated gruyere (1 C)
- For the ramekins
- Soft butter
1. Preheat oven to 420 ° F.
2. Make a roux: In a saucepan, melt the butter then add the flour and mix well.
3. Lower the heat and let cook while mixing. Then pour the cold milk and cook until you get a very smooth béchamel. Pour in a bowl and add the cheese before seasoning with salt and pepper. Mix well. Separate the whites and egg yolks. Add the egg yolks to the mixture. Mix again.
4. With an electric beater, beat the egg whites until stiff to pick.
5. Start by roughly mixing 1/3 of the whites and then gently incorporate the rest.
6. Melt the butter and then use a brush to butter and flour the soufflé molds. Pour the mixture into 3/4 of the molds. 7.Bake for 10 minutes. Enjoy immediately.