For 2 people - prep 10 min - cook 15 min
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 orange
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 30 ml of white wine (3 tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp of bouillon
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 6 scallops, pat dry
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
Preparation of the orange sauce:
- Peel the onion and dice it. Set aside.
- Zest the orange. Then cut in 2 quarters. Using 1 piece, squeeze about 1 tbsp of juice in a small bowl. On the 2nd piece, cut 4 supremes (segments without skin) and set aside.
- Mix the juice with: the wine, the bouillon paste and the zest.
- Cook the scallops: Turn on the heat to medium (Induction 3). When hot, add the butter and let melt.
- Cook the scallops, 1:30 min each side, (or until golden) and set aside.
- Using the same pan, cook the onions (induction: 2) until soft.
- Add juice mixture and let boil 3 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream and let boil again for 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Salt to taste.
- When the sauce is done, add the sautéed scallops back into the pan to reheat them, and spoon sauce on them.
- Plate, and add the orange supremes.