Cooking scallops with wine, what could be best?
For 4 people – 10 min prep – 15 min of cooking
- 1 organic orange
- 75 ml of Chardonnay (Or any white wine that you like)
- 1 spoon of vegetable bouillon (we love better than bouillon)
- 1/4 onion
- 100 ml of heavy whipping cream
- 12 scallops
Preparation of the orange sauce
- With a zester, zest and squeeze the orange. Pour the juice and zests into a pan, add the white wine.
- Peel the onion and cut into small cubes, add it and a spoonful of bouillon. Reduce to high heat until there is just little liquid left. When serving, add the cream and give it a little boil, it’s ready.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Sauté the scallops 2 minutes on one side, 2 minutes on the other (the interior must be pearly).
- Place 3 scallops on each plate, sprinkle with a little sauce, sprinkle with some orange zest and serve immediately.