A classic dessert recipe that does not get old.
Ingredients for dough
- ½ C (65g) powder sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ C (30g) almond flour
- ½ C (115g) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 C (125g) flour
- 2 tbsp water
- In a bowl, mix flour and butter in small pieces.
- Add almond flour, powder sugar and egg yolk.
- Add 2 tbsp water and knead the mixture until the dough is smooth.
- Form a ball, wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator at least 15 minutes before rolling it out, then flour your work surface and roll out the dough.
- Bake for 15 min at 350°F. Let cool.
Ingredients for pastry cream
- 1 ¼ C (330ml) milk
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ C (45g) sugar
- 3/8 C (45g) flour
Direction for the pastry cream
- In a bowl, mix sugar and egg yolks.Add flour and mix together. Set aside.
- Pour milk in a saucepan, then take to boil.
- When it’s boiling, pour half the milk on the egg yolk-sugar-flour mixture while whisking vigorously. When it’s smooth, pour this mixture again in the saucepan with the rest of the milk.
- Keep whisking until it boils. When it’s boiling, count 30 seconds while whisking and remove the pan from the cooktop.
- Continue mixing to cool down.
- Pour pastry cream over the tarts shells.
- Wash, dry and cute fresh strawberries and place over the cream nicely.
Optional: Sprinkle fresh mint on top of the strawberries.