Have you ever tried these delicate shell-shaped French cookies? They are stunning and delicious--tender on the inside, crispy on the outside! This Red Velvet variation brings an exciting twist to the classic cookie.
Yields 15 madeleines
Prep Time: 5 min - Cook Time: 12 min - Total Time: 17 min
- 2 mixing bowls
- Madeleine pan (or muffin pan)
- 1 Madeleine Baking mix My French Recipe
- 1 stick of butter, unsalted (113g)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp of honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tsp red food coloring
- ½ tsp confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a pan, melt the butter over low heat.
- In a bowl, pour the Madeleine baking mix and cocoa powder. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add the butter, honey, and red food coloring, mixing until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the center of each mold, filling 2/3 full. Bake them for 10-12 minutes, or until the “bellies” have risen and the edges are golden brown.
- Arrange Red Velvet Madeleines on a flat serving plate and dust with confectioner’s sugar.