Have you ever tried these delicate seashell-shaped French cookies? They are stunning, petite, and cute! Red Velvet Madeleines are light, with an airy spongy interior and crisp exterior. Enjoy them with a cup of tea or coffee.
Makes 20 madeleine cookies* - Equipment: Madeleine cookie pan- Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 Madeleine Baking mix My French Recipe
- 1 stick of butter, unsalted (113g)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp of honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp cacao powder, unsweetened
- 2 tsp dragon fruit powder*
- ½ tsp confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a pan, melt the butter at low heat.
- In a bowl, pour the Madeleines baking mix. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add the butter and the honey and mix.
- Sprinkle the madeleines batter with cacao and dragon fruit powders. Combine all ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into the center of each mold, filling 2/3 full. Bake them for 10-12 minutes, or until the “bellies” have risen, and the edges are golden brown.
- Arrange Red Velvet Madeleines on a flat serving plate and dust with confectioner’s sugar. Serve and enjoy!
- Depending on the size of your pan, this recipe yield from 20 large to 60 small madeleines.
- If you don’t have dragon fruit powder to give these cookie nice red color, you can use 3-4 drops of red food coloring.