For 1 loaf of gingerbread - 15 min prep - 30 baking
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 spoon
- 1 whisk
- 1 small loaf pan
- Parchment paper or baking spray
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 ½ C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/2 C honey
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a mixing bowl, work the soft butter with the sugar until creamy. (Or use a KitchenAid with the paddle attachment)
- Then add the flour, baking powder, ginger and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Add the egg and honey and whisk.
- Spray baking spray to the loaf pan, or line with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 30 min.