These Trocadéro Madeleines are Christmas in a cookie. They're moist and buttery like the classic Madeline, but enhanced with a hint of honey, gingerbread spices, and fresh orange zest. One bite will transport you to a French bakery at Christmastime.
Yields 20 Madeleines
Prep time: 15 min - Cook time: 10 min - Total Time: 25 min
- Madeleine Baking Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Stick of butter (113g)
- 2 tsp of Honey (20g)
- 5g gingerbread spices
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- Butter or baking spray for the pan
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 madeleine pan (or muffin pan)
- 1 spoon
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Melt the butter.
- In a bowl, pour the Madeleine baking mix. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add the butter and the honey and mix until combined.
- Add the spices, vanilla extract and orange zest.
- Lightly grease the madeleine pan.
- Scoop the batter into the cells of the Madeleine mold, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Let cool before removing the madeleines from the mold.