Strawberries and chocolate are a love match.
They reveal the best of each other. So anytime you make a chocolate dessert, think about strawberries or raspberries to add on the top. They are not only pretty, they will also give a fresh finish to any indulgent chocolate cake. I don't know anybody in my house who can resist this super moist chocolate cake with strawberries.
Yields 1 cake for 6/8 people - Prep Time: 20 min - Cook Time: 14 min - Total Time: 34 min
Ingredients for the cake
- 1 My French Recipe chocolate lava cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick of unsalted melted butter
For the strawberry topping:
- 1 lb of fresh strawberries, washed, dried, and cut in halves
- 1/4 C of Crushed pistachios (unsalted) (You can cut whole pistachios without the shell, using a sharp knife)
- 1 sauce pan
- 1 whisk
- 1 round cake pan 8"
- Baking spray or parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the butter in the saucepan. Melt the butter on medium heat.
- When the butter is totally melted, stop the heat. Pour in the chocolate lava cake baking mix.
- Whisk until the chocolate is melted.
- Add eggs and mix until combined.
- Spray baking spray (or lay parchment paper) on the cake pan.
- Pour the batter.
- Bake for 14 min. Let cool down.
- Add the half strawberries on the top. And sprinkle with pistachios.
And voila, bon appétit!