Yield: 4 financiers (for 2 persons) - Preparation time: 10 min - Cooking time: 10 min
- 1 med bowl
- 1 pan
- 1 whisk or spoon
- 1 silicon financier mold
- 2 small bowls
- 1 Fork
- 25g unsalted butter melted Optional browned (2 Tbl)
- 1 egg white from a sm - med egg (20 – 35g)
- 25-35g powdered sugar (2-3 Tbl)
- 15g almond flour (2 Tbl)
- 10g flour (1 Tbl)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Dash of vanilla or another flavor Optional
- Optional Toppings
- A small piece of fruit. i.e., 1 raspberry or blueberry, a few sliced almonds etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350 ° F.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove. Set aside.
- Separate the egg (save the yolk for another use.) in a bowl and beat egg white with a whisk or fork until the whites are foamy (about 2 minutes) but not stiff peaks.
- Add the powdered sugar, flour and almond flour and mix.
- Finally add the butter and mix until you get a nice, smooth batter.
- Using a tablespoon, fill your financier molds.
- Or another type of mold. Use a silicone mold not a muffin paper
- Bake for 10 minutes depending on your oven and size of your mold
- The top should be slightly golden and the edges slightly browned/crunchy
- Remove from the molds promptly to prevent from sticking.