Hola pan con tomate! French love Spanish tapas. It is the same principle than French appetizers, but they have many different flavors.
- 8 slices of artisan bread
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 garlic gloves
- 4 spoons of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 8 slices of dry ham
- To peel the tomatoes:
- With a sharp knife, make a cross on the bottom of tomatoes. Set aside.
- Boil some salted water. Place tomatoes into water until the skin crack (for about 1 or 2 min)
- Place them into iced water for 30 seconds then peel them.
- Set them aside.
- Peel the garlic, cut it in 2 parts and remove the germ.
- Blend tomatoes, garlic gloves and olive oil with salt and pepper.
- Toast the slices of bread then spread the tomato sauce on top of the bread.
- Top your Pan Con Tomate with a slice of dry ham.