French people are definitely not used to eat cooked oysters.
It is different and surprising! And even your French friends will love this recipe.
For 6 people
10 min prep – 5 min baking
- 36 fresh oysters
- 200g of raw duck foie gras (duck liver)
- 1 bowl of breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro (or any other fresh herb you like)
- For presentation
- 2 kilos of coarse salt
- 2 handles of pink berries
Directions for the cooked oysters with foie gras
- Place the coarse salt in a baking sheet and level it.
- Scatter the pink berries over the entire surface.
- With the help of an oyster knife, open the oysters. Empty them from their water and detach them from their shells. Replace them in their shell and spread the shells on the coarse salt to stabilize them.
- Cut the foie gras into small pieces. Roll them in the breadcrumbs. Place one teaspoonful of this mixture on each oyster.
- Sprinkle with chives. Pepper.
- Turn on the oven grill. As soon as the resistances are very red, bake for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown. Make sure that the oven plate is as close to the resistances as possible.
- Serve the oysters immediately.