Serves: 6 (Makes 1 8-inch tart or 6 mini tartlets)
Prep Time: 40 min – Cook Time: 15 min – Rest time: 2 hours
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Rolling pin
- 8-inch tart pan with removable bottom, or 6 mini-tartlet pans
- Heatproof bowl (large enough to nest in the saucepan without falling in)
- Silicone spatula
For the cocoa dough:
- 1 c (115g ) flour
- 1/2 stick (65g) salted butter
- 1/2 c (65g) powdered sugar
- 1/4 c (30g) almond flour
- 1 tbsp (7g) cocoa powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp water
For the filling :
- 5 tbsp praliné paste
For the chocolate ganache:
- 1/2 c (113g) of heavy cream
- 1 c (173 g) of dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp (10g) butter at room temperature.
- First, make the pastry: In a bowl, mix the flour with the butter in pieces. Add the powdered sugar, almond flour, cocoa powder, and egg yolk. Stir to combine.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and knead the mixture until smooth.
- Form a ball with the dough, wrap it and refrigerate 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Dust your work surface with flour and roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Transfer the dough to the tart pan(s). Prick all over with a fork and bake oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. In a saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a boil. Gently pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Mix from the center to the outside with a silicone spatula. Add the butter and mix gently.
- Spread a generous layer of praliné over the cooked dough, then and pour on the chocolate ganache.
- Let rest in the fridge at least 2 hours.