Serves: 2 – Prep Time: 10 min – Cook Time: 10 min
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large skillet or chef’s pan
- 2 medium bowls
- 4 teaspoons (20 g) unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup (100 g) cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- ¼ yellow onion, peeled, trimmed, and chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- About 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into large dice
- ¾ cup plus 2 tbsp (20 cl) heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons (2 cl) white wine
Directions for the chicken forestiere
- In a large skillet or chef’s pan set over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms and onions, sauteeing frequently, until the mushrooms are browned. Stir in the parsley, transfer the mixture to a bowl, and set aside.
- In the same pan, (do not rinse), warm the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook until brown on each side, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- Pour the white wine into the same pan. Return the onion-mushroom mixture to the pan and add the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer over medium-high heat until thickened slightly.
- Stir in the chicken, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately.
- Mashed potatoes with truffle oil
- Creamy polenta