Bourguignon beef is one of the French favorite dish.
And for a good reason, you throw all the ingredients, and let cook slowly one hour before enjoying this warm French stew.
For 6 people – 20 min prep – 1h cooking
- 3 lb beef for Bourguignon cut into coarse cubes (or beef cheek)
- 10 slices smoked diced bacon
- 2 lb of carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 big pinch of salt
- 3 or 4 pinches of pepper
- 2 lb of mushrooms
- Peel the carrots, onion, garlic cloves.
- Rinse the carrots and cut them into slices; chisel the onion; cut the garlic in small dices. Set aside.
- Rinse the mushrooms, slice them and set aside.
- In a little bowl, dilute the flour with a little bit of water. Set aside.
- Heat your dutch oven to medium heat and brown the bacon.
- When it’s golden brown, drain, discard the cooking fat and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook at high temperature the pieces of beef on all sides and wet with wine.
- Add carrots, garlic, onion, mushrooms, bacon and flour-water mixture. Mix and bring to a boil.
- Then, cook on low heat for at least 1 hour under cover, regularly stirring.
- Serve with boiled potatoes.