Serves: 2 people - Prep Time: 5 minutes - Cook Time:15 minutes
- Frying pan
- 1 lb of beef tenderloin, center cut
- Salt , Pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Cognac
- 1/2 cup of cream
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- In a pan set over medium-high heat, melt the butter and olive oil. As soon as the butter and oil begin to turn lightly golden, place the steaks in the pan.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium. Remove the steaks to a plate.
- To the same pan, add the Cognac. Let boil for a few minutes. Add the cream. Bring the mixture back to a boil and whisk until the sauce thickens, approximately 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the steaks back to the pan, spoon the sauce over, and serve.