This lemon curd recipe can be used to fill macaron shells, to make lemon pie, or to spread on brioche.
Ingredients for 150 g of lemon curd
- 1 egg
- 45 g of sugar
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- 1 lemon juice (about 40 ml of juice)
- 13 g of butter
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar.
- Add the cornstarch, mix.
- Then, add the lemon juice and mix.
- Pour all the ingredients in a saucepan, add the butter in little pieces.
- Cook at at medium heat while always stirring. Reduce heat to low heat when it starts thickening.
- Keep cooking for 2 minutes.
- Then, turn off the heat and directly cover the curd with a plastic wrap.