Charming heart-shaped macarons with a scrumptious chocolate raspberry filling! Perfect for valentine's day or any day you want to make your loved ones feel extra special.
Follow our step by step to make beautiful and delicious heart shaped French macarons.
- 1 heart shaped macaron kit My French Recipe
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam (100g)
- 1 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 2 egg whites (65g, please weigh for better results)
- Sauce pan
- Mixing bowl
- Electric beater (or stand mixer)
- Silicon spatula
- Transparent silicone mat or parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Macaron pastry tip (included with the kit)
- 1 reusable pastry bag (included with the kit)
Directions for the Chocolate Raspberry Filling:
- Place the chocolate (included with the kit) in a large, heat-proof bowl. Set aside.
- Pour the raspberry jam into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then remove from heat.
- Pour the hot jam over the chocolate. Mix with a spatula until the chocolate melts completely. Add the butter and mix gently until the butter is fully incorporated and the ganache is smooth and glossy.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour before using.
Directions for the Macaron Shells:
- Separate the egg whites, then cover and set aside at room temperature.
- Sift the macaron mix (included with the kit).
- Use an electric beater to beat the eggs whites, starting at a low speed.
- When it starts to foam, slowly add the granulated sugar (included with the mix).
- Increase the speed of the beater and beat until stiff. Mix your egg whites for about 3-4 minutes until they form stiff peaks.
Folding the Batter:
- Add the food coloring and dry mix (both included with the kit) into the egg whites.
- Using a silicon spatula, start folding.
- Mix the batter from bottom to top, until it makes flows off the spatula in ribbons. It should resemble the constistency of lava.
Piping the Macarons:
- Place the heart template sheet onto a baking sheet, then cover with parchment paper or a transparent silicone mat.
- Fit a piping bag with a round pastry tip (both included with the kit). Fill with the batter and pipe V shapes onto the sheet, following the template.
- Tap the baking pan against your countertop to release any air bubbles.
Rest and Bake:
- Pre-heat the oven to 300°F.
- Let rest your macarons in a dry room for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 18 min. Let cool before removing the shells.
- When cool, fill half of the shells with the chocolate raspberry ganache using a pastry bag or small spoon.
- If desired, add a small slice of fresh raspberry on top.
- Close them with the rest of the shells, matching pairs of similar size.
For best flavor and texture, rest the macarons in an airtight container in the fridge for 24 hours before enjoying.