Eggs mimosa (Oeufs mimosa) are a traditional bistro recipe.
They make a delicious and easy starter that you can prepare in advance.
Serves: 4 - Prep time: 10 mins - Cook time: 15 mins
- Small saucepan
- Cutting board
- Deep plate
- Prep bowl
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 C Homemade mayonnaise, (or store-bought)
- Place the eggs in a small saucepan, and add enough water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Carefully drain the eggs. Crack them by rolling them against the table. Transfer to a bowl of cold water.
- When the eggs are cool enough to handle, peel and rinse, cut lengthwise, then separate the whites from the yolks. Place the empty egg white halves on a platter and set aside.
- In a deep plate, crumble the yolks with a fork. Transfer half of the crumbled yolks to another dish and set aside.Add the mayonnaise to the deep plate of crumbled yolks and mix well.
- Fill each egg white half with the yolk-mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle each filled egg with the rest of the crumbled yolks.
- Pepper to taste.