You love your mommy? Show her with home made heart shaped macarons!
15 min prep – 17 min baking
Ingredients for about 20 heart shaped macarons
For the macarons shells (40 shells to make 20 macarons):
- 1 macaron baking mix
- 65 g of egg whites
- 35 g of granulated sugar (Already included in the baking mix)
- 2 drops of red food coloring
Ingredients for the chocolate and raspberry ganache:
- 10 fresh raspberries
- 100 g of heavy whipping cream
- 125 g of good dark chocolate
- 20 g of butter at room temperature
The tools you need absolutely to make the macarons:
You will find a list of tools to make the macarons here. It is very important to have the good tools to succeed with macarons!
Instructions for the chocolate and raspberry ganache:
First, the chocolate ganache
- Put the chocolate in a mixing bowl.
- In a pan, pour the cream. Take it to boil.
- Pour gently on the chocolate. Mix from the center to the outside with a silicone spatula.
- Add the butter. Mix gently. Put in the fridge.
- Leave at room temperature 15 minutes before using.
Preparation of the heart shaped macarons shells
- First print our heart template for macarons.
- In a bowl, start to mix on low speed the egg whites. When the egg whites are starting to foam add the granulated sugar slowly.
- Increase the speed of your beater.
- Mix until stiff to pick.
- Add 2 drops of food coloring. You really need to be careful with the kind of food coloring you use. They are not all good for macarons. We highly recommend Americolor food coloring for macarons.
- Add all the macaron baking mix into the egg whites. Start to fold slowly. At the beginning it’s very dry, it’s normal. In a few minutes, the texture is going to change. When you have a ribbon texture your batter is ready to use.
- Put the pastry tip inside the pastry bag. Pour all the batter.
- Open the pastry bag with scissors. In a sheet pan, put first the heart template, then the parchment paper on the top, you can start to pipe your macarons, following the template. Keep your hand straights. Don’t move when you pipe, the batter is going to spread by itself.
- When finished, let the macaron rest 15 min at room temperature. A thin crust is going to build up on the top. Bake at 300°F for 17 min.
- Let cool, and unstick the shells.
Filling the macaron with ganache
- Put the pastry tip inside the pastry bag. Pour all the ganache.
- Wash and dry the raspberries. Cut each of them in 4.
- Put the raspberries on half of the macaron shells, in the middle. Pipe the chocolate ganache around the raspberry, following the shape of the macaron.
- Close your macarons with an empty shell. Let them rest in the fridge for 24h before eating them. They will be even better!