Heart shaped macaron for Valentine's day (or for any occasion ;) )!
Follow our step by step to make beautiful and delicious heart shaped French macarons.
- 1 heart shaped macaron kit My French Recipe
- 1/3 C raspberry jam (100g)
- 1 tbsp butter at room temperature
- 2 egg whites (65g, please weigh for better results)
- Sauce pan
- Mixing bowl
Directions for the filling Chocolate and raspberry
- Place the chocolate (Included with the kit) in a large, heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Pour the raspberry jam into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the hot jam over the chocolate. Mix with a spatula until the chocolate melts completely. Add the butter and mix gently until the butter is fully incorporated and the ganache is smooth and glossy.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 h before using.
Directions for the macaron shells
- 2 medium egg whites (65g, please weigh for better results)
- 1 Macaron baking mix My french Recipe
- Granulated sugar (Included with the mix)
- Mixing bowl
- Electric beater
- Silicon spatula
- 1 reusable pastry bag
- Macaron pastry tip
- Silicon mat
- Baking pan
Directions for the macarons shells
- Separate the egg whites and yolk. Keep the whites at room temperature in a medium mixing bowl.
- Sift the Macaron baking mix (Included with the kit)
- Use an electric beater to beat the eggs whites, starting at low speed.
- When it starts to foam, slowly add the granulated sugar (Included with your mix)
- Increase the speed of the beater and beat until stiff. Mix your egg whites for about 3/4 minutes before they have the consistency of meringue. (Compact and glossy)
- Add food coloring (Included with the kit). Don’t mix before you add the dry mix.
Folding the batter
Piping the French macarons
- Coat a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the heart template sheet below the parchment paper.
- Use a round pastry tip and a reusable pastry bag (Both included with the kit). Fill the bag with the batter. Cut the end of the bag to open it. Pipe V shapes, following the template.
- Tap the baking pan against your countertop to release the bubbles.
- Pre heat the oven to 300°F.
- Let rest your macarons in a dry room for 10 minutes. When you put your fingers on the shells, it is not sticky.
- Bake for 18 min. Let cool before unsticking the shells.
Filling the macarons
- When cold, fill half of the shells with the raspberry and chocolate ganache using a pastry bag with a pastry tip.
- Optional: You can add a small piece of fresh raspberry before piping the filling.
- Close them with empty shells.
To be at their best, the macarons need to rest in a closed box 24h in the fridge before eating them.