Serves 2 – Prep time: 15 mi – Cook time: 20 min
- 1 tbsp regular or extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cremini mushrooms, cleaned, and sliced
- ½ shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp spoon canola oil
- 2 pork tenderloin medallions, each about 2-inches (5cm) thick
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
Directions for the pork tenderloin glazed with balsamic sauce
- In a large saute pan set over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and shallot, and saute for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer the mushroom-shallot mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, pour canola oil and sear the pork tenderloin for about 1 minute on each side. Return the mushroom-shallot mixture to the pan, then add the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and honey.
- Cook, covered, for about 15 minutes until the tenderloins are cooked through, basting with the sauce occasionally.
- Mashed potatoes with truffle oil
- Creamy polenta