Serves: 2 – Prep time: 20 min – Cooking time: 10 min
- 1 saucepan
- 1 small bowl
- 1 cutting board
- 1 small sharp knife
- 1 plate
- 1 spoon
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 fryer spoon (optional)
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 1 cup (250 ml) red wine
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp (15 g) butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley
- Lightly toast the bread slices, place them on serving plates, and set aside.
For the poached eggs:
- Pour the wine into a saucepan and take it to a boil over medium heat (5 on the cooktop) for 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low (2 on the cooktop), and keep at a simmer.
- Break the first egg in a little bowl and slide it into the simmering wine. Do the same with the other one and gently poach the eggs, bringing the white around the yolk with a wooden spoon.
- Carefully lift the poached eggs from the wine with a slotted spoon and set one on each slice of toast.
For the sauce:
- Add the butter to the wine in the pan and mix until the butter is melted.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth and flour, then add to the wine and mix.
- Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring continually with a wooden spoon until the sauce thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Coat the poached eggs with the sauce, sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.