Here is a simple pear recipe that can serve as a basis for other recipes
You can decorate the syrup of all the spices that make you crave, even a drop of alcohol. (Grand Marnier for instance)
For 4 people
10 min prep – 20 min cooking
- 4 pears
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A small piece of fresh ginger
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 cups of water
- 50 g of sugar
Directions for the poached pear
- In a large saucepan, boil the water with the sugar.Meanwhile, pear the pears. Keep the line for the presentation.
- Empty it from the bottom so that the hole can not be seen too much. Put the pears in the sugar syrup with honey, cinnamon, ginger and vanilla pod split in 2.
- Cook gently for 20 minutes.
- When serving, filter the syrup and serve with the pears.
- You can also use pears in a pie, this will give an extra fragrance. (In this case, reduce the cooking time to 10 minutes)
Add melted chocolate on the top, to make it even better.