Enjoy this amazing and French apple tart from one of the most gorgeous part of France: Normandy.
For 6 – 15 min prep – 35 min baking
- 1 puff pastry/ or 1 pie crust
- 4 Golden Delicious apples
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of granulated sugar (100 g)
- ¾ cup of milk (20 cl)
- ¾ cup of heavy whipping cream (20 cl)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cut the puff pastry dough to the size of the mold. Make little whole with a fork and cook for about 10 min.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until thick and very pale. Add the milk, cream and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Peel the apples with a knife or vegetable peeler. Cut out the core and cut them into eights.
- Set them on the bottom of the dough and pour the batter on the top.
- Bake for about 35 min.
You can add 2 tbsp of Calvados in your batter, for an authentic taste. Calvados is a very strong alcool made in Normandy from apple.