For all the chocolate addict, this amazing chocolate soufflé recipe could become your favorite dessert.
Serves: 2 – Prep Time: 20 mins – Cook Time: 8 mins
For the ramekins:
- Granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (15 g), melted
For the soufflés
- 3 oz (80 g) dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup (10 cl) milk
- 1 tbsp (7g) all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 large (65g, or about 2.4 oz) egg whites
- 4 tbsp (30g) powdered sugar
Directions for the soufflés
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- With a pastry brush, butter the ramekins from the bottom to the top.
- Divide the sugar between the buttered ramekins. Tilt the ramekins so the sugar adheres to the sides. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie. Set aside.
- Add the flour and milk to a small saucepan, mix and bring to a boil. Whisk and allow to thicken.
- Turn off the heat, add the melted chocolate and the egg yolk. Mix again. Set aside.
- Pour the egg whites into a bowl. Start beating. When they turn white, gently add the sugar. Keep beating the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Finally, add a small portion of the egg whites to the melted chocolate and gently fold in with a spatula. Pour this mixture back into the rest of the egg whites. Gently fold until combined.
- Remove your ramekins from the refrigerator, and fill them ¾ full with the batter.
- Place in the preheated oven on the middle rack, and bake for about 8 minutes.
Chocolate addict ?
And don’t forget, the most important in chocolate’s recipe is the quality of your chocolate! We particularly like the Cacao Barry.